The PL-2303 is a USB to Serial adapter that allows Windows users to connect RS-232 devices through USB. Devices like printers and phones frequently use this connector. However, several users have reported seeing the notice “Please instal matching PL-2303” after installing Windows 11.
The Windows11 “Please Install Corresponding PL2303” Driver Is Missing
If you want to connect a serial device to a Windows computer, you’ll need the widespread serial USB driver. The Prolific to Serial USB driver is either not installed, out of date, or damaged. There are a couple potential fixes for this driver problem that you can attempt.
1: Repair Drivers
The driver may need to be updated if you are using an earlier version. It’s possible that the earlier version isn’t supported by your hardware, which is why it can’t connect to your linked device. Follow these steps to update your driver using device manager:
- Connect your USB to the serial adapter.
- Start It Up. Open Device Manager by searching for it in the box provided.
- To access Ports, please select the option from the drop-down menu (COM & LPT).
- Choose the Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port and then right-click it.
- Choose to Update Driver.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Automatically Search for Drivers on the new window. If a driver is required, the most recent available update should be installed.
2: Please Revert to the Earlier Version of PL-2303.
It’s possible that the new driver won’t work with your version of Windows, despite the fact that new hardware is expected to make new capabilities available. Your present hardware might not support the newest version of your Prolific to Serial USB. Here are the steps to take while reverting the PL-2303 driver:
- Join your gadget’s USB to its serial adapter’s USB port.
- Ahead, Go! Enter “Device Manager” into the search bar.
- Navigate to Ports (COM & LPT) in the hardware list and choose it.
- Access the settings for your Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port by right-clicking on it.
- Click the Roll Back Driver button in the Drivers menu.RollBackDriver
3: Install Put in the Driver
It is possible that your device is lacking the driver. The serial cable you used to connect the device is not being recognised by Windows. PL-2303 driver installation procedures are as follows:
- Start your web browser.
- To obtain the PL-2303 driver configuration, please visit Prolific’s webpage.
- The Download File button can be accessed by clicking the corresponding link.
- Access the compressed file by browsing to your Downloads folder in the file manager and right-clicking on it.
- Use the “Extract all” option.
- Select Extract on the window labelled Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders.
- When the archive has finished extracting, launch it.
- Click on the file labelled PL23XX-M LogoDriver Setup v401 20220225.
- To allow the setup to make modifications to your device, select Yes when prompted by the User Account Control.
- In the new window, click Next and then wait for the installation to finish.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish to close the window.
4: Re-Install the PL-2303 Driver
Driver reinstallation is the go-to repair for corrupted drivers. The link between the hardware and its driver could be broken due to a glitch. To restore the PL-2303 driver on Windows, please follow these steps:
- Install the USB to serial converter on your computer.
- The door is now open. Start by searching for Device Manager and clicking on the result.
- From the available options, select Ports (COM & LPT).
- Select “Uninstall” from the menu after right-clicking on Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port.UninstallDeviceDriver
You must restart your device for the driver to be reinstalled. If your driver isn’t reinstalled automatically after a device restart, you can manually reinstall it by following the steps above.
5: Modify the COM Port
Changing the COM port may be necessary for some serial devices. The Windows device manager is where you’ll make these adjustments. To determine the correct COM number to use, see the documentation that came with your USB to serial converter.
To modify your Windows COM Port settings, do as follows:
- Choose a programme from the Start menu.
- In order to access Device Manager, type its name into the search field.
- Leave Ports off the menu (COM & LPT).
- Select “Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port” and then “Properties” from the right-click menu.
- Select Advanced under the Port Settings menu.
- Find the COM Port Number and choose it from the drop-down menu.
6: Swap the Wires
When hooking up a computer to an adapter, the condition of the cable is also important. The vast majority of consumers favour either the FTDI or the Prolific PL2303 based cables. You may think about using a different adaptor if you find that the quality of your cable is deteriorating.